Cookies, Privacy, plus Work Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2019 The Number 27 – All rights reserved.
All aspects of this website – design, text, graphics, images, applications, software, underlying source code and all other aspects – are copyright www.thenumber27.co.uk and its affiliates or content and technology providers.
In accessing these web pages, you agree that any downloading of content is for personal, non-commercial reference only. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of the Website Owner.
For rights clearance please Contact me.
This website uses a few Cookies...
- Whats a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small data file that the website collects and stores on your browser for the duration of your visit – and in some case for longer until it expires naturally (typically within a few weeks – but could be as much as 12months), or is deleted by you the user clearing your browser history/cache. Modern browsers have functions built in that can do this automatically every time you close the browser should you wish to use that option.
- What are they for?
- Some Cookies allow the website to function properly and are essential for that purpose – in order to allow you to move from page to page smoothly and interruption free and things such as Contact Forms to function. Because these Cookies are essential to the operation of the website, they do not require additional consent from the website visitor in order to function. Plus – somewhat ironically, the Cookie Notice that appears at the bottom of the site – needs a Cookie in order to function.
- Other Cookies are for collecting website traffic statistics which are important to help the website owner to make the site and it’s content better for the visitor, these Cookies are often provided by third parties like Google Analytics or other visitor tracking services. On this website They do not collect any Personal Identifiable Information and therefore the information they collect is Completely Anonymous. This can include information about the region of the world the visitor is located, the duration of the visit, the pages visited during that visit, the method of arrival to the website (via a search engine, social media link or other link), the browser and O/S of the visitor and whether it was a desktop or smartphone/tablet.
- Can I be identified with this information?
In short, No. It is impossible to detect an individual from any of the website traffic data collected as the visitor’s IP address (your devices ID on the internet) is permanently anonymized before the data is delivered to the visitor tracking service to collate the information. Also, even if this data was not anonymized – because the data is collated into statistics – it would still be impossible to identify a specific individual from the resulting website traffic information. Because of this anonymization these Cookies already comply with the GDPR and therefore do not require additional consent from the website visitor in order to function.
- Any other Cookies?
This website does not use any superfluous or other Cookies for Advertising, Marketing etc. purposes and therefore does not require an ‘Opt-In’ function at your first point of access to the website.
- Privacy Notice
The Number 27 will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information unless those are pertinent to the services you have asked us to provide. Personal data typically just includes name, address, email, and phone number.
- Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with the services you have instructed us to perform, or to communicate with you following an enquiry. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee these services to you.
- What we do with your data
All the personal data we hold is processed in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information might be located on servers within the European Union from time to time. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
- What we would also like to do with your data
We would however like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time by dropping us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preferences.
- How long we keep your data
If you are a customer, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Personal Information you have specifically provided for marketing purposes, will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- What are your rights
- If at any point you believe the information we hold/process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk
Photography & Design Terms & Conditions
Design work will commence within one week of acceptance of quotation and/or specified fees being received, Photography work will commence when conditions/weather/arrangements allow. Continuation of work is wholly reliant on the client providing required information and or content material. No responsibility will be held by The Number 27 for delays due to information or material not being provided on time or when requested.
- All deposit payments are non-refundable and will be used to cover initial work already completed should cancellation of commissioned work arise. If cancellation arises during later stages, The Number 27 reserves the right to withhold subsequent payments made, and/or issue an invoice for work undertaken or already completed. All efforts will be undertaken to reasonably accommodate clients with regards to fee structures and payments, however overdue payments on work undertaken may delay completion of task, and overdue payments with regards to hosting/domain may result in account suspension and ultimate loss if not renewed promptly.
- Future site editing time for existing website clients is available either on an ad-hoc (rounded up to nearest half hour) basis, or in a ‘Pre-Pay’ payment format which is sold in blocks of 5 hours – Pre-Pay time is measured on a minute-by-minute basis. ‘Pre-Pay’ payments are not refundable in part or full. Please Contact for pricing.
- All payments originating from outside the UK are subject to a Handling Charge of 5% of total value, or £2.50GBP (whichever is greater) per transaction in order to cover administration charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations, plus fees associated with currency exchange.
- UK payments through PayPal are welcome – but are subject to a Handling Charge of £2.50 per transaction.
- All invoices issued must be settled within 14 days of the date of issue/receipt, overdue invoices will be re-issued as a ‘Reminder’ – failure to act promptly to the Reminder will incur interest being applied at a rate of 10% of original invoice value on a ‘per day’ basis from the issue date of the Reminder invoice. Failure to settle overdue invoices could result in removal of work undertaken and in the case of websites – eventual cessation of website functionality, and/or deletion.
Your data, account details, and commission details will not be shared with anyone outside of The Number 27, and your project files and access details to ftp, servers and various associated online accounts created will be kept securely and not be prone to third-party access.
- All original work created for print or websites including all Graphics, HTML, CSS and XML files are licensed to the client upon receipt of all payment(s) specified for their provision, and only for the duration of that specific commission. Use of these materials by third party providers or in materials outside of the specific commission for which they are produced is strictly prohibited.
- The client must ensure that they have ownership or permission to use any information or content material they provide. The Number 27 accepts no legal responsibility for any material provided by the client.
- Photographic work produced for web/print projects remain the sole property of The Number 27 – the commissioning client is allowed limited usage rights for the project specified. Any Photographic work used for material outside of the specified commissioned work is strictly prohibited. Photographic commissions with open licenses for multiple use, and extended duration of use are also available – please Contact for further information.
- Sourced Photographic work must only be used for the project in question and not re-used for work outside of that projects remit. The client accepts all legal responsibility for usage rights of material sourced by The Number 27 if used outside of the specified project.
The Number 27 reserves the right to use any part or whole of original commissioned work for the purposes of printed and/or online promotional material and advertising of services.
All work undertaken must be accredited to The Number 27. Any credit being applied by a third-party to original work completed by The Number 27 is strictly prohibited. If you require your commissioned work to remain anonymous – and not be credited to, or to be used in promotional materials by The Number 27, then a fixed fee applies – Contact for details.
Whilst we make every reasonable effort to ensure that all work provided adheres to current web standards, we cannot guarantee that; all web browsers, individual user settings, systems in place, or older technology and/or equipment will adhere to the same standards.